Mind-Body classes are a combination of stress-reduction and strength-building for anyone affected by cancer. A variety of programs exist, with some being held on a regular basis and others on a rotating basis. Check the calendar for upcoming Mind-Body classes.
- Yoga is a restorative exercise used to find strength, flexibility and a sense of calmness and is led by Certified Yoga Instructors. Yoga is offered twice a week. All skill levels are welcome, and equipment is provided. Special thanks to Candy Bartholomew and Dr. Michael Wise who sponsor yoga.
- QiGong is a mind/body exercise and meditation that uses slow and precise body movements together with controlled breathing and mental focusing. This exercise improves balance, flexibility, muscle strength and overall health. All skill levels are welcome.
- Tai Chi is a martial arts form of meditation with a constant flow of energy and movement
and combines mental concentration, slow breathing and dance-like movement for
improved health, balance and well-being. All skill levels are welcome.
- Guided Imagery is a complementary therapy where a person uses positive visualizations
and thoughts to aid healing, reduce anxiety and promote relaxation. Anyone affected by
cancer is encouraged to attend.
- is a discipline by which a person goes beyond their thinking mind into a deeper
state of relaxation or awareness. Meditation helps with anxiety, pain, and overall relaxation. Anyone affected by cancer is encouraged to attend.